We would like to share the contingency plan set out by the WJEC and Qualifications Wales. This will be the plan if exams are cancelled this year.
- The summer exams will take place unless we are forced into further lockdowns.
- Centre Determined Grades will be used if exams are cancelled
- Teachers will inform students that they are preparing for exams but any assessments carried out this year could be used in the event of gathering evidence.
- Students will be told the exact assessments. The purpose of this is so that teachers will not have to carry out a range of assessments at the end of the year to determine the overall grade for each pupil.
- Teachers will be planning appropriate assessments over the next few weeks and these are likely to take place over the Spring and the start of the summer term.
- All assessments will be stored in a safe place in the event of cancelled exams.
- If your child is entitled to access arrangements, this will be applied for every assessment carried out.
Mrs K Harrington